Thursday, 29 September 2011

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Hello lovely readers!

I recently tried out a new foundation and thought I would review it for you just in case your foundation just isn't cutting it. I love MAC Studio Fix but thought it might be breaking me out, and I wanted something with a dewier finish for summer. Also, MAC is flipping expensive in Australia so I made it my mission to find something a bit cheaper which still achieved the same result. I should probably mention that my skin is quite dry and a bit acne prone. Damn those people with flawless skin!

When I found Bourjois stands in Target and Priceline I decided to give the Healthy Mix foundation a go. I found that 51 (Light Vanilla), the lightest shade, is a perfect match for me. It retails for around $30 AUD but I got mine on sale for about $25 AUD. Win! One teeny tiny issue I had was that the bottle wasn't sealed and I had a feeling a customer had been neglecting the testers and using the ones on the shelf. How grotty is it when people do that?! To cut a long story short, I asked one of the ladies working at Priceline if she could get me a new one from out the back just in case.

Photobucket

First of all, the packaging is pretty good. It's plastic so nothing too special, but it does have a handy pump attached. The consistency is quite runny, but a little bit goes a long way. I find that one pump can be used to cover my whole face. It has a slight fruity smell, so for those who don't like their makeup to smell like anything fancy then this probably isn't for you.  Apparently it has apricot, melon, apple and ginger in it for radiance, hydration and all that jazz... That could be true, or it could just be a smart bit of marketing. Seriously, who doesn't like fruit?

Photobucket

I would say it gives medium coverage but you can build it up a little if you're having a particularly fugly face day or going out for the night. It gives good coverage and I really like how natural it looks on the skin. I never feel like my skin is suffocating under the weight of it which can only be a good thing. I don't think it is as dewy as people say, but perhaps that's because I have dry skin. It certainly isn't matte but more of a satin finish. Bourjois also claim that it lasts for up to 16 hours. They might be getting a bit over excited with that statement, but it certainly does last quite a while, probably 12 hours, before it starts looking a bit crusty.

Overall I am a huge fan of this foundation and will definitely be repurchasing it! It's a reasonable price, gives great coverage, looks natural and smells like summery fruits. On the down side it didn't come sealed and I guess the fruity scent could be an issue for some people. For those of you who don't mind that though, I highly recommend you try out this foundation!

What's your favourite foundation? I'm always up for trying something new!

As a little side note I would just like to say thank you to the people who have followed me or commented on my posts, particularly the lovely Second Hand Rose who was my first follower and even gave me the 'Your Blog is Great! Tell Me About Yourself Award.' I didn't think that anyone would read my blog, let alone give me such nice feedback! I will get around to telling you seven things about myself when I have been blogging for a bit longer and have a few more people in mind to tag!

Lots of love,
Annie xx

3 comments:

  1. I really wanna try this, but it's had mixed reviews, but I guess everyones different. I love the maybeline dream creamy or the satin liquid foundation. I use these every day and have been through about 5 of each.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite foundation HAS to be the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, its fantastic, and I have used it for such a long time!
    This one looks great too!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Maybelline girls hey? :) I used to use the Dream Matte Mousse when I was younger but I feel like I need a bit more coverage these days :( I love the texture of it though! I'll have to suss out the other ones if I ever get sick of this one! Thanks for the suggestions! xoxo

    ReplyDelete